No More Broken Wings

1/25/11

Don't Cry Out Loud

It has been many months since I have done any posting. For those who are wondering this wonderful and scary thing called life has hit all of us square in the face. So much good and sadly some of it is truly bad. So tonight and for the past few months my mood has been to not cry out loud. What good will it do to cry? Nobody listens, nobody hears, nobody cares.

Baby cried the day the circus came to town 'cause she didn't want parades just passin' by her


I don't cry for the circus (this crazy thing called life) because I know I will never have one. EVER.

Don't cry out loud Just keep it inside, learn how to hide your feelings


I cannot cry anymore. The tears are gone. Oh they still flow at times, but it does nothing anymore. Nothing.

So she painted on a smile and took up with some clown While she danced without a net upon the wire


I dance on that wire every day. I move and the wire moves. I stop and the wire stops. One day I will fall. But as always I pick myself up. How much more until I can no longer pick myself up?

Don't cry out loud Just keep it inside and learn how to hide your feelings Fly high and proud And if you should fall, remember you almost made it


Trying so hard not to cry. If it starts it will never end. Learning how to hide those feelings? I have that one under control. Nobody will ever know the truth. Nobody can EVER see the pain. They would run in the opposite direction as fast as they ran to us. Falling? Do that every day. Make mistakes every day. One day it will be impossible to get back up again though. And yes I did almost make it. Will we be allowed to make it? Will John, Emily and I be allowed the freedom for a happy life? Or are we all destined to fail every time? Are we always destined to make the worst choices?

I see others moving on and wonder when will it be my turn. Who will love me and Emily? And John?

Nobody..................


Ever...................




“Don't Cry Out Loud”

Baby cried the day the circus came to town
'cause she didn't want parades just passin' by her
So she painted on a smile and took up with some clown
While she danced without a net upon the wire
I know a lot about 'er 'cause, you see
Baby is an awful lot like me

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside, learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all

Baby saw that when they pulled that big top down
They left behind her dreams among the litter
The different kind of love she thought she'd found
There was nothin' left but sawdust and some glitter
But baby can't be broken 'cause you see
She had the finest teacher-that was me-I told 'er

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside and learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside and learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost made it

Don't cry out loud
Just keep it inside and learn how to hide your feelings
Fly high and proud
And if you should fall, remember you almost had it all

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Mad Mom aka Emily's Mom at 11:52 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home